Re: OT-Reverse sexism< Ms. Mrs.

In a message dated 01/29/2003 7:31:09 AM Eastern Standard Time,
kmrsy@earthlink.net writes:

> So another qstn for the ladies:  If you are or were married, how did you
> (if you did) change your name?
> I went from Kathleen Marie Glasch to Kathleen Glasch Strope.
> (At the time my birth name Kitty had early on been changed to Kathleen and
> then later changed back to Kitty)

That's the way I did it, too.  Auralie Grace Phillips to Auralie Phillips
Interesting that your name was changed.  I was first given the name of Martha
Grace, but when my mother died when I was 5 months old, they gave me her
name.  Then, wouldn't you know, twenty years later my father had another
daughter with a second wife and named her Martha.  I always felt she had my