From: cathy carpenter <cathyc@rnet.com>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] names
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 10:18:41 -0600

Ignatio = Ignatius. Antonio would be Italian for Anthony, I think. Most of us go through a phase of not liking our given names. Sometimes we later decide we do, sometimes not. I think its a shame, the names some people stick on their offspring, though. Kids get enough teasing in school without having to get it for their name as well. If they can't resist the weird, at least they could make it a middle name (example, one daughter's middle name is 'Constant' because her first, Mikhaila, reminded my spouse of the Michaelis-Menton Constant)!
Cathy