Re: tetanus vaccine

Jim, death can be the result of a "bad drug reaction". I think what his doctor was saying was that because of the severe reaction he had to one vaccine, he was hesitant to risk using another, similar vaccine.
Cathy
On Friday, January 31, 2003, at 04:10 PM, Island Jim wrote:

do i understand this right, daryl. he was saying, in effect, that he would rather you died than sue him for a bad drug reaction? george carlin is right. there is a worst doctors in the world and he is seeing patients.

At 10:45 AM 1/31/03 -0500, you wrote:
>Strange
> situation. Tetnus vaccine had been available freely for years.

Claire,

It may be because of the severe allergic reactions some people have to the
vaccine. When I was about 12, I got a fish-hook in my finger and had to have
a tetanus booster. It nearly killed me.
Another Dr. several years later said that the reaction was likely because
the old vaccine was made from horse serum, and there was a new one called
"Hyper-Tet", but that he wouldn't take a chance.

Daryl