Re: need a plant recomendation

How about Trachelospermum jasminoides [star jasmine/confederate jasmine]? Check Sunset's Western Garden book. Great plant.

On Sunday, January 4, 2004, at 10:51 AM, Theresa wrote:

HI all-

For my new pathway- I need a climbing plant that will climb up the
lightpole at the corner. Needs to be vigorous and tolerate lousy soil (clay
and gravel). Preferably something that doesn't reseed like crazy, as it will
be near my raised bed with wonderful soil in them (and I have an idea that
the only thing that will grow in the native ground would be invasive in the
good soil). It will get irrigation in summer. Oh- it gets some significant
sun and heat from the sidewalk/street. I will put up some type of
wire/fencin around the lightpole to help the plant climb. Any suggestions?

http://www.hort.net/funds/

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
Zone 10