Re: need a plant recomendation

> I love Lonicera sempivirens, and I think it would do well for you.
> Hummingbirds love it, and others like the fruit. However, like the
> trumpet vine, it will need to be trained up the light pole (neither are
> "efficient climbers") and both have the potential to grow extremely
> tall (maybe more than you want for a light pole).

Hi Cathy,

   A similar plant (but far superior, in my opinion) is Lonicera prolifera.
   The foliage is much bluer and the flowers are sulphur yellow.  It's
   tough as nails, non-invasive (actually a native), and grows equally
   well in sun or shade.

   I've been growing mine for about ten years now and just love it.  There
   are some pictures at

      http://www.hort.net/gallery/view/cap/lonpr

   I noticed that Forest Farm (www.forestfarm.com) is carrying it this
   year!  Hooray!  It's the first time that I've seen it in the industry.

Chris

http://www.hort.net/gallery/      3264 online plant photos and growing!
http://www.hort.net/gallery/date/2003-05-18/       The latest additions