Re: Happy Holidays to All, now cat door

LOL Auralie - bet that was one upset raccoon who probably will never
go through a cat door again:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Spring Peepers
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
> From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
> We had such a door set into the screen of our screened porch.
Once, while we
> were away the nice lady who came to cat-sit, put some garbage out
on the
> screen porch, planning, I guess, to dispose of it for us.
Apparently the raccoon
> got in all right, but was startled when she came out, and left in a
big hurry,
> taking the entire door, right out of the screen, around his neck.
She said
> he was rolling around the yard trying to get it off.  Finally did,
for we found
> it later.
> Of the four we have now, only one comes and goes.  Two have never
been
> allowed out - too many coyotes around when they were small - and
the third is such a
> "pussy-cat" that he is terrified of the outdoors (this is the
biggest - an
> altered tom)
> Auralie
>
> n a message dated 12/25/2003 7:13:13 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> jsinger@igc.org writes:
>

> > Got one of those, Marge. We decided we didn't want the house open
> > raccoons, however, so we put it in the door between the kitchen
and the
> > garage. Once it's daylight, we can open the garage door and Miss
Priss