Re: Progress on the garden wall

Yeah, we did, didn't we, Pam.  I swear I'm gonna try it as everything
that grows here seeds into the gravel drive.

Trouble with pea gravel is that it never packs down and it washes off
a slope like crazy.  About half of the walk around my damp garden is
now at the bottom of the hill after all our torrential rain this
year.  I retrieved most of it only to have it wash right back down;
have to do something different there but not sure what at this point.
 I saw some that looked like it had been crushed in the UK years ago
- great driveway surface; even brought a few back with me, but have
never seen anything like it here.  I much prefer the color of pea
gravel to the gray granite stone we get here.  I think our drive is
3/4 and larger and it packs under major traffic after a few years but
not really where there isn't much traffic.  Need more gravel on it
and mean to try a smaller size when our boat comes in to see if it
will pack into the crevices and maybe discourage some of the

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Spring Peepers
All Suite101.com garden topics :