Re: how to bathe a cat was: cat collars was now cat door

In a message dated 01/06/2004 7:41:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mtalt@hort.net writes:

> ----------
>
> You're right - actually you have to start cats at the really tiny
> kitten stage to get them used to a lot of things, including going
> outside.  If they never have, often they never want to.
>
> When I lived in San Francisco, I used to have to bathe my cats on
> account of the heavy flea infestations in that city - amazing fleas....

And then there's this
HOW TO WASH THE CAT

Thoroughly clean the toilet.

Add the required amount

of shampoo to the toilet water,

and have both lids lifted.

Obtain the cat and soothe him

while you carry him towards

the bathroom.

In one smooth movement,

put the cat in the toilet<FONT  COLOR="#000000" B

and close both lids

(you may need to stand on

the lid so that he cannot escape).

Flush the toilet three or four times.

Have someone open the door

to the outside and ensure

that there are no people

between the toilet and the

outside door.

Stand behind the toilet as far

as you can, and quickly lift both lids.

The now-clean cat will rocket out of the toilet, and run outside where he
will dry himself.

Sincerely, The DOG