RE: Progress on the garden wall/pea gravel

OK- if anyone wants pea gravel, they can have all they want free for the
taking from my back 'patio'.  The former home owners thought it would be a
great idea to dump about 12 inches of the stuff in an area about 12x24 and
put one of those inflable pools there.  So, now we have a completely
ungardenable area, the pea gravel is forever getting ontop of the stepping
stones and then you kill you bare feet stepping on it. They also had pea
gravel ontop of the raised brick bed bordering the east and sound walls of
the house. I assume because nothing- not ever weeds would grow there. I did
dig all of that pea gravel out within the first 6 months in the house, along
with digging out the worst excuse for dirt (mostly hardpan) down about 18
inches, and refilled the beds with real soil.  It has been part of the
veggie garden and a perenial bed with a lemon tree in the middle since then.
Amazing what real soil will do for helping things grow!

Someday i want Ground Force to come to my house, dig out all 8 thousand
pounds of pea gravel from the back 'patio' and put in a garden there
(including a water feature of course!- I just love Charlie, she cracks me
up.)

Theresa
Sac, CA