Re: how to bathe a cat was: cat collars was now cat door

Giving pills to cats can be a royal pain. Depending on which cat I have
varying degrees of success. My biggest problem is Mick becuase He gets
in a couple of fights each year. Bite wounds usually mean Clavamox.
Clavamox pills are like all those new allergy pills - they start
disintegrating as soon as they hit moisture. When he knows it is coming
he 'juices up' and when the pill goes in - even if it does get down his
throat, we have this frothy mess such that it is hard to tell. This even
happens with Clavamox liquid, so I ask for any other anti-biotic
avaialable. But Clavamox is supposed to be the best for bite wounds.
However, Mick is an unbelievably quick healer, so most any antibiotic
works for him. Yes, I do the towel wrap, but with Mick, sneaking up on
himw when he's asleep is usually more successful when it comes to pills.