Re: weather/tropicals

When you refer to plants you take in, are these already in pots or are
they in the ground and you've previously dug up & potted to take in?

If you're concerned about cold and they are in pots, you could wrap the
pots with a bit of insulation. If in the ground, you could add a winter

I bet you're right about not wanting to be soggy. But would plastic heat
up too much under summer sunshine, not allow air circulation? Perhaps a
few perforations wouldn't hurt. I know nothing about Plumerias, just
guessing. Here, when I want to avoid sogginess, I use a rose cone which
insulates but does allow for air circulation. Burlap works too, or
netting that encloses leaves stuffed around the plant.

I'm not suggesting that zone 5 tactics would necessarily work in Zone 9,
but possibly some of the reasons behind these tactics would have
something in common with your situation. I agree, there comes a time
when hauling things in and out just gets to be too much.