Re: weather/tropicals

How does a rose cone allow for air circulation? What do they look like now?
The only ones I'm familiar with are plain waxed cardboard.  I've been in the
south for more than 2 decades, so haven't looked at one in that long. I
assume there's new technology. If there was something that insulated a bit,
kept things dry but ventilated, it could solve my problems with plants that
need winter dry.