RE: Heartburn...Phoenix, now Boyce Thompson & Harry Leu

Leave it to my body to be totally intolerant! LOL!!!  Of such is life.
(I've had "acid" difficulties for years now, it seems--too much of it in my
system to start with.  It's something my dad's family passed down to me. :>)

Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)

And, pardon if I seem patronizing, but "heartburn" has nothing to do
with "spicy." Heartburn has to do with an inability [or reluctance] of
one's body to digest complex proteins. Jalapenos are not complex
proteins, although they may cause a discomfiture often called
Montezuma's revenge.

On Friday, January 2, 2004, at 08:59 PM, Barbara Tandy wrote:

> Be sure to go to the Boyce Thompson Southwest Arboretum about an hour
> or so
> east of Phoenix if you have the time.  One of my favorite places in the
> known universe!
> --Barb Tandy, California

Island Jim
Southwest Florida