RE: need a plant recommendation

It works wonders!

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Theresa
Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2004 10:07 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] need a plant recomendation

Clematis- I wish!  I have horrible luck with clematis-  I'v killed a half
dozen- and the heat from the side walk and street would toast the roots.

Don't drown to get to your honeysuckle-  It'll be at least a month before I
get around to planting for the light pole.  I did get 3/4 of "plants in
waiting" on the back porch planted today! Yeah!  Had to look some of them up
to remember where to plant them (sun/shade).  In the process I found that my
arbutus unedo (Strawberry tree) had buds on it!  Also, a tiny (3-4 inches
tall) little Daphne odorata has buds on it (I'm hoping they won't fall off
due to the transplant!) I ammended the soil around it with pumice, orchid
bark and sand in hopes of keeping it alive.

I've still got more to plant, and need to move some of the plants from the
back (too much shade) out to the south side wall.   Also need to move 3 full
size roses out front also- due to similar shade issues.  One is a Tiffany
rose tree- I'm worried about moving it....

Well- another weekend.  Still have to finish the corners of the wall.
Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we can do that.  Oh- who ever
recommended a chop saw to cut the blocks- that is what my neighbor is going
to being home from work for us to use!

Theresa