Re: how to pill a cat was how to bathe a cat was: cat collars was now cat door

  • To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT]how to pill a cat was how to bathe a cat was: cat collars was now cat door
  • From: "Marge Talt" <mtalt@hort.net>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 02:30:12 -0500

> From: Melody <mhobertm@excite.com>
> Marge:  That is so incredibly telling it like it is...very funny!
Thanks for the laugh!
----------

You are most welcome, Melody.  Cracks me up, too and I've had that
filed for years. It is SO true:-)  I've had to pill lots of cats and
not one of them has been easy.  I dread the day I have to try it on
my little Mighty Hunter who can exhibit wild traits without that
added incentive.  Will probably lose several fingers when that time
comes around.

One of my cats lived to be 23 years old and she was on lots of
medications toward the end.  Never could convince any of my cats that
a pill hidden in ANY delectable food item was anything but a
pill...they could swallow the food and spit out the pill in one
motion.  Anyway, found that meds delivered with an eyedropper worked
best on old Abby.

I will never forget the total horror of the time when I had my herd
of 5 cats and all of them got rhinotraceitis (doubt I've spelled that
right) before they had developed a vaccine against it.  Had to
medicate all of them twice a day, as I recall.  It was a nightmare!
They learn after pill #2 that when you try to catch them it's pill
time and they disappear as fast as they can.  One of the reasons I've
determined I'll never have more than one cat at a time again....well,
maybe 2, but absolutely NO more than that:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Spring Peepers