Re: Gene's Catalogue & Gentiana

Pam,
    I wish I had a good answer for you, but I do not. I have no experience
growing anything in TX. Will gentiana make it in zone 9??? Why not try one
or two and find out.... ?? I would begin with G. cruciata, the cross-leafed
gentian. then perhaps the gracilipies. both are from China will take a lot
of light. They are both, however, usually listed as zone 7 for heat.
    I just do not want to pass out any bad advice if I can help it.
    Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com