From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Aplfgcnys@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, January 11, 2004 10:11 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] 61-degree heat wave

In a message dated 01/11/2004 9:47:40 AM Eastern Standard Time,
kmrsy@comcast.net writes:

> What ideas do you have?  Greeting cards?  Framed artwork?  Do you have any
> books that suggest ideas for using pressed flowers?

Many years ago when I did anything to keep from going stir-crazy with a
houseful of kids I made pressed flower pictures - gave them to everybody I
knew for
Christmas and then sold a pile of them in a gift shop.  I bought small
frames
and felt squares from a craft store.  If you arrange the pressed flowers on
the felt, and then place the glass over them, they will stay in place
without
any glue.  Another way is to put them between two pieces of glass and tape
the
edges, but that requires a lot more care and skill.   Notepapers are always
pretty but they take more care to put together and keep from being messy.
Auralie

http://www.hort.net/funds/