Re: 'Limerock Ruby'

> From: Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net>
> I believe wet is the problem with Verbena Homestead Purple, too.
> under the eaves where they got little water came back.  Those
further out,
> did not.  The masonry wall is an interesting experiment, but
nothing I'd
> ever do for any plant.

I wouldn't be surprised.  I have lost a lot of plants in spots that I
thought were really well-drained.  Well, they were, but that didn't
stop the soil from being moist over winter.  I always thought nothing
would grow under eves....wrong!  Assorted things have seeded into a
gravel spacer type area I put in to keep soil away from the house
wall - under an overhang that's about bone dry.  Plants are amazing

Yes, I thought the wall a bit of work as well, but one of these days,
when I have nothing better to do:-), I just might get daft enough to
try it;-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Spring Peepers