Re: cat collars was now cat door

Oh my gosh Jesse! the visual in my head ...... I do have a cat that
likes the blow dryer though. It's my prison kitty who used to sit on the
grills near the prison kitchen and stay warm what with all that hot air
blasting out of it. He's so cute and runs to the bathroom when I start
drying my hair, hops up on the toilet seat and waits to get blasted from
the hot air.

For my allergies, I have some stuff call Allerpet or something like
that. I just dampen a cloth and run it over them. I think it picks up
and neutralizes dander or some magic like that.

Fran, OKC

Jesse Bell <jesserenebell@hotmail.com> wrote:
I bath my cats because of my allergies...and I blow dry them. When you
start them young, they get used to it. The cats don't necessarily LIKE it,
but they deal with it. Now my Jack Russell Terrier...HE likes to be blow
dried. NOW...when I blow dry MY hair, he sits on the floor underneath my
feet...waiting for his turn.

>From: kmrsy@comcast.net
>To: gardenchat@hort.net
>Subject: Re: [CHAT] cat collars was now cat door
>Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 14:18:41 +0000
>I used to bathe my cats once a year, every August. It had to be hot out
>so they could air dry because they won't tolerate a blow dryer. Then my
>vet said, "Why?" He claims they don't need baths, so I don't anymore. I
>remember Spot in the bathtub. He would stand still and take for as long
>as he felt was warranted and then try to climb out, but I knew all the
>angles and moves. So he finally tried to climb over my head! That was
> > It's one of those things you've got to start them on when they're
> > little. Jesse actually bathes her cats, I can't imagine. I'd be in the
> > emergency room if I tried that w/ her highness. But she gets them used
> > to it when they're little bitty.

> > From: "Marge Talt"
> > Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 23:57:04 -0500

> > >she
> > >
> > >I doubt I'd be able to convince the Mighty Hunter (AKA Teeny Kitty)
> > >to wear one even to get outside. I do have a little screened porch
> > >off our bedroom and she goes out there when the weather permits;
> > >otherwise, she sits in a window that has one of those feeders that
> > >you can see into but the birds can't see you attached to it and
> > >dreams bird biting dreams.
> > >
> > >Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
> > >mtalt@hort.net
> > >Editor: Gardening in Shade
> > >-----------------------------------------------
> > >Current Article: Spring Peepers
> > >http://www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/shade_gardening
> > >------------------------------------------------
> > >Complete Index of Articles by Category and Date
> > >http://mtalt.hort.net/article-index.html
> > >------------------------------------------------
> > >All Suite101.com garden topics :
> > >http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

> > >Support hort.net -- join the hort.net fund drive!
> > >http://www.hort.net/funds/
> > >

> > --
> > Pam Evans
> > Kemp TX/zone 8A
> >

> > --

> > http://www.hort.net/funds/

Enjoy a special introductory offer for dial-up Internet access  limited
time only! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup