Re: Fwd: Narrow Crotches.....

And now, ladies and gentlemen, we bring you an all-new episode of "Weggies Among the Veggies."

On Tuesday, January 13, 2004, at 11:42 AM, kmrsy@comcast.net wrote:

Ooooooh! Weggie Gardening!
WELL! I thought it was going to be a start for a discussion on what
pants to wear while gardening! You know . . . pants that don't quite fit
right and may show off hints of body parts. Oh well . . .

Fran, OKC

cathy carpenter <cathyc@rnet.com> wrote:
We discuss cats so often, I thought you might wish to see this.

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Larry Earl"
Date: Fri Jan 9, 2004 9:26:42 PM US/Central
Subject: Narrow Crotches.....

HA! Made you look!

Not exactly water gardening, but a good lesson for cat lovers, and
another reason to remove all narrow crotches on trees.......

Two nights ago, sometime during the night, my smallest orange cat,
Kumquat, was climbing one of the Sycamore trees.
But he evidently slipped and got himself wedged into a long narrow
crotch on the tree.
Two small branches were growing vertically, and only one inch apart,
for about four feet.
I found him at 6:30 the next morning in 30F weather, hanging by the
hips, head down and motionless. He was so cold, I thought sure he was
dead when I unstuck him. But then he twitched ever so slightly, so I
rushed him to the Vet.

After spending a night there he is now home, and alert, but with some
hopefully temporary kidney damage, and very sore rear legs.

I hope this may save another kitty somewhere in the world a similar
Thanks for reading,
Larry Earl

Island Jim
Southwest Florida