Re: weather/gardening

> Different type of gardening too, from
> what I've gathered from this group....
> in warmer climates people tend to have
> more perenials, shrubs, etc. it seems.

Noreen,
That statement struck me as odd, but then I realized that for many
people I know this may be true. But personally, I grow very few annuals,
I grow more perennials and shrubs here in the 'relative' north, Zone 5.
The reason I have done so much more planting in spring and fall is
because I'm a collector and a fiddler. Collector: There's always
something new I want to try, whether my garden is full to capacity or
not. Fiddler: Many folks I know never divide their perennials. I do and
that means finding homes for the extras in my yard or someone else's. I
need to move things around a bit to make room for new acquisitions.

Many gardeners design and develop a garden that pleases them and then
maintain that garden, sharing or pitching the excess, while the design
remains the same. Mine is ever-evolving, mainly with perennials and
shrubs, and I like it that way.

Kitty