RE: ground orchids- revisited

Yeah! for more Bletillas!  I'm going to be on the look out for more here
this spring too!

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Gene Bush
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 6:08 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] ground orchids- revisited

Hello Theresa,
    My Bletilla are on raised beds under the drip line of an old cedar. Both
beds have plenty of root competition in them. One is rock ground with a
ground cover of foam flower and the other is bletilla coming up among ferns
and hosta. Only care either beds gets is a mulch of chopped leaves each
fall. Believe well drained, organic, is best for these little gems.
    I hope to add some more named cultivars to my collection this coming
spring. If they do well, then more to come in the catalog.
    Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5  Southern Indiana