Re: weather

Yeah, 40s are just too durn cold to enjoy working outside IMO.  Can
be done in a pinch, but it ain't fun.

Can't say I've had any great blizzard memories; mostly when I've been
in something that could pass as a blizzard, the electricity has gone
off, making life extremely uncomfortable...cold, dark and miserable,

I'm with you on the spring cleaning.  It is SO gratifying to find out
that I am not the only one with a filthy house during the gardening
season:-)  Simply cuts the old guilt factor by at least half...

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Spring Peepers
All Suite101.com garden topics :

> From: Bonnie & Bill Morgan <wmorgan972@ameritech.net>
> Marge, I'm with you.  If it is 50 F outside, I want to be outside
> generally find a way (if it isn't too dark before I get home from
work.  I
> hate the days where I leave in the dark and come home in the dark.
> course, being a bit night blind might have a little something to do
> that.)  At 40 F outside, I have to start wearing gloves or my hands
> crack and bleed.  (Moisturizers don't work for me that well, though
I go
> through enough of them.)
> It's odd, some of my best memories have come from blizzards!  As a
> friends in the neighborhood participated in a bake off from scratch
> included) after we scaled 8' drifts.  As an adult being stuck at
home with
> absolutely no way out to get to work rather forces one to have a
bit of
> bonding time with other members of the family.  Come to think of
it, there
> is always a baby boom after a blizzard (9 months down the road.)
And being