Re: hort.net fund

It's kind of hard to put a value on hort.net because it's a personal decision and there are no clear "membership" levels or other sign posts to help. I've decided, however, to add CHAT to my monthly bill-pay list. But I have not decided how much per month I should kick in.

I'm not sure that the amount of the monthly donation is as important as the fact of the monthly donation--$10 a month, for example--is better than $120 once a year.

The best way to make donations is to have your bank send Chris a check. Bank of America does this for me. There are no surcharges--either to Chris or myself--unlike American Express or PayPal and similar clogs in the pipeline.

If your bank does not offer FREE internet banking, you might want to cast about and find one that does. I haven't written a paper check in 5 years--nor have I been ripped off.