From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of kmrsy@comcast.net
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2004 9:40 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] weather/gardening

Yeah, Bonnie, ice is a bear. I bought these neat little things called
Yak-trax to wear on my shoes. Tried them out and ice is not a problem to
walk on at all. The hype that got me to try them was the fact that all
the Olympic staffers war them at the last winter olympics. Easy to walk
on and won't hurt carpet when you go inside with them on.

Kitty
> The schools don't close unless it is terribly dangerous outside or the
kids
> would be going to school all summer to make up for time lost time!  Right
> now its 17 here and we may get to the mid 20's for a high.
>
> Tomorrow, Dayton northward should get snow, but those of us south of
Dayton
> will be getting sleet and freezing rain.  UGH!!!  Give me snow any day
over
> sleet and freezing rain!  The roads will be an ice rink with accidents
> waiting to happen.  No matter how good a driver one is, it's tough to
drive
> without traction!!!  And getting up our driveway?  It just won't happen
> tomorrow.  I think we'll be staying home tomorrow and working on things
> indoors.
>
> Blessings,
> Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)

Behalf