Re: Carnivorous plants

Jumping into Marge's thread here, if you don't mind.....
Of course pond water will work Donna.....after all most bogs are on the edge
of some pond or stream,  or at lesat in a low spot that collects water much
like a pond does. Carnivorous plants thrive on that extra nutrient base.

Thanks for the website, Marge.  A friend, who owns a nursery here, carries
many carnivorous plants.  I asked her once how she has such great diversity, and
turn over.....found out she orders a lot of carnivorous plants for the local
schools.  She said they love them, and the teachers found that it really perks
an interest for biology and botony  in the kids.  Not just the boys who tend
not to like the frilly plants that girls would find attractive, but also the
girls.  The kids then come to her nursery to purchase their own to take home.

zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 1/17/2004 11:02:37 AM Central Standard Time,