Weather, again...

Raining out and waiting for the games to begin on the tube. Watching the weather channel. I hate to be a barer of bad news, but it looks like those of you in the frozen north are in for another blast next week, whereas those of us in the sunbelt [and especially, the suncoast] may be spared this time.

Kitty, The preponderance of new houses, including condos, in this area run from $185,000 to $385,000. That is one reason that the house we paid $60,000 for 7 year ago will now fetch $120,000. And if it's any comfort, it's largely your neighbors--those living near enough to I-75 to find it--from Toronto to here that are driving this machine. We are now in the midst of "the season" and the roads have been turned into parking lots by vehicles with Ontario, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, and Illinois license plates.

The flyways of the snow birds are kind of interesting. From, say, Tarpon Springs to Fort Myers, most of the bird are from the I-75 flyway. But farther south, Naples seems to get most of its birds from the I-95 flyway, which means it has more New York and New Jersey license plates. It also means better restaurants, incidentally.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
Zone 10