Re: Carnivorous plants

I have no experience with Hypertuffa either when it comes to bogs, etc.  I
have leached concrete though before using the vinegar.  I sometimes use concrete
blocks....aka cinder blocks in the ponds.  Before putting them in the pond, I
soak them in a very strong vinegar solution (vinegar/water) for several
hours.  Have never had a problem.

Another suggestion, from personal experience.  I've done terra cotta and
concrete pots for water/bog/lotus gardens.  I paint the inside surface...all that
in contact with the water...with Dry-Lock.  It's a concrete sealant that one
can purchase at Home Depot, etc.  I have it tinted to a dark color (comes in
gray).  I have never had a problem with these either.  They make the pots
waterproof and none of the concrete leaches out.  Totally fish safe.  One can use a
non-toxic rubber like paint too, available at pond supply places, but it is
much more expensive.  The Dry-lock works just as good at less than half the

zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 1/20/2004 11:02:51 AM Central Standard Time,