Re: carnivorous plants was: Clivia Golden Dragon

In a message dated 1/19/04 11:31:45 PM, mtalt@hort.net writes:

<< "By the way, application of soluble sulphate salts is the best way of

lowering the pH of soils and certainly much better than applying

vinegar which was advocated by somebody on Alpine-L recently.

Applying elemental sulphur also works but is much slower." >>

Marge, I was instructed many yrs ago to rinse in vinegar before using.  I
inturn have passed this on when giving a class.  I have never had a problem
growing anything in the troughs.
    Ceres