Re: Heat in Iowa (was Speaking of cold.....)

In a message dated 1/20/04 5:58:03 AM, mhobertm@excite.com writes:

<< ***Hot*** doesn't even begin to describe last night's caucus, do
you think? >>

So true.  Our caucus group was one of them that ran out of registering forms.
 My granddaughter who had been working for Dean was so excited about going to
a caucus for the first time.  Still using her home address she attended a
rural caucus which is attended by many older much involved Democratic farmers.
Still excited, she left a message on our answering machine as soon as it was
over.  She said she got up and spoke for her candidate and tried to persuade
some to come to her side and then when it came time to select delegates there
were 4 for 2 positions.  Each of the 4 had to tell the group why they should be
selected which she did.  At the end of her talk she told the group her first
caucus would always be remembered and when she ran for office (her career
direction at this point) she hoped they would remember her with their support.
She got the most votes! After the event, several came to her to tell her they
would be watching for her.
    Melody, this could be a career option for you.  My granddaughter has an
uncle on her dads side of the family that currently is a member of the state
legislature.  He lives on the west side of the state, is a farmer and goes back
& forth frequently.