From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Donna
Sent: Sunday, January 18, 2004 7:57 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] speaking of plants... what a concept!

Anyone grow these, looking for thoughts.
-----
Arisaema, if you could only pick one, what would it be and why:
          Candidissimum
          Fargesii
          Sikokianum
Also, what do you use for companion plants?
----
Alocasia portodora
Since it is considered a hybrid elephant ear, do they grow the same
way... as in I could pot it up and let it go dormant for the winter?
Silly question, but would like to get more than one season from it and
they keep saying to plant it in the ground... not hardy here, nor have I
seen it offered locally.
----
Amsonia ciliate var filifolia, states it is 5" (yes inches) tall. Is
that a misprint? Might work for the garden railroad if it is...
------

Asparagus verticillatus (vining asparagus) anyone? Looking interesting,
but might really be strange....
----

Calopogon tuberosus (grass pink orchard) needs re-establishment time-
anyone know how many years that is... I hate when they say that!

----
Going to try Epimedium's this year.... which are winners in your garden?

------
Indigofera kirilowii.... claiming not invasive... thoughts?
----
also adding lilium to the garden.... thinking Clause Shride, but not
sure if it could take my sun.... looking for pink, red, mauve colors.
(Hey Kitty, is your group fundraiser selling these?)
----
pushing the marker here, but Sacchrum arundinaceum... looks very
interesting. Anyone grow it? Will it survive in zone 5 with mulching?
Got a few spots that it might work. How big does it grow in one season?
----
Yucca rostrata- anyone know how much it grows in a season? Might try to
talk a local nursery to get a larger one rather than a mail order that I
am sure will be small.

---
others on my wish list:
Bletilla striata