Re: carnivorous plants was: Clivia Golden Dragon

  • To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] carnivorous plants was: Clivia Golden Dragon
  • From: "Marge Talt" <mtalt@hort.net>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 02:11:49 -0500

> From: Cersgarden@aol.com
> Marge, I was instructed many yrs ago to rinse in vinegar before
using.  I
> inturn have passed this on when giving a class.  I have never had a
problem
> growing anything in the troughs.
----------

Most interesting, Ceres.  I've no experience with this but wonder if
it works enough for plants like CPs who cannot tolerate any lime at
all?  Many alpine or rock garden plants that would be grown in
hypertuffa troughs are either relatively pH tolerant or positively
like alkaline environments.

I'm just a bit skitzy about CPs as their requirements are very
exacting.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade