/gardening/the elderly and home sales...

>Mardi, what has you mom done to try to get the property to move?  I take
it
the realtor wasn't the problem?

Bonnie, she lowered the price about 10% and is putting in new tile in
kitchen/bathroom and new carpet in the rest of the house.  Probably around
$4,000 worth.  Carpet and radiant floor heating is just DUMB but that's
what the folks going through wanted to see.  She had everything repainted
when she moved out the first time.  I do think her realtor is part of the
problem.

I hate to say it, but one of the best things she did was move back.  Now
when someone comes to tour the house she puts a loaf of bread in the oven,
and has the rest of the house set up like a model home.  The dining table
is set for a holiday feast with nice dishes and stemware, and one of my
quilts for a tablecloth.  The second bedroom is a working office.  She's
had more people going through since she moved back.  Keep your fingers
crossed.  Even at a spry 84 years old, I want her closer.
Mardi
Iowa z4b