Re: Amer. Gardener article/Wild Greens

I sure wish deer would eat garlic mustard instead of spreading it,
but I'm sure the garlic flavor turns them off....they'd much rather
munch your list of plants.

I can deal with the odd plant that shows up in my beds as they are
easily seen and pulled, but trying to clear the woods is a spring
chore I loathe as it comes when I have so much else that needs doing.
 I'm getting on top of a couple areas but some are so wild I just
can't hit all the plants no matter how many hours I keep after it;
some always hide somewhere and set seed and keep the cycle going.  Am
determined to banish this pest from within the deer fence; what's
outside of it just has to be left as there's no way I can keep all
the property clear of this stuff.

You are much kinder in print to deer than I am:-)  I used to think
they were beautiful animals and now I consider them hoofed vermin and
can't think of much nice to say about them.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Spring Peepers