Re: Amer. Gardener article/Wild Greens

Garlic mustard is a biennial. The seeds have a 20 month dormancy. If the plant is not in flower when pulled, it may resprout from roots remaining in the soil. Also, the act of pulling can bring garlic mustard seed to the surface, where it will happily germinate, so try not to disturb the soil and tamp it down after you've pulled the plant. Hope this helps.
Cathy