cat dental care

Since many of you have cats.....
I've seen the tootpaste out there for you to brush your pet's teeth...yeah,
right.
Well,
on my last visit to the vet, Braveheart was getting his annual checkup,
including teeth cleaning.  I mentioned how much all my cats love Friskies
Dental Diet.  Uncle Hugh (affectionate term for the vet) said he had another
new product and he brought out a quart glass jar of a blue liquid.  Just mix
some into the cat's water bowl and it prevents tartar build up.....yeah
right.

I explained that Mick will only drink from the toilet.  Braveheart will only
drink from the bowl that is always empty because Jack insists on tipping it
over.  Seamus licks the condensation from the windows, but will also drink
from a shallow dish in the bathtub, though he prefers the dirty bathwater
that lingers on the tub floor. Jack will drink from anything after he turns
it over. Slugger drinks from his own dish, if Jack hasn't turned it over.
They all like to drink from the birdbath in better weather.  So just where
would I put the blue liquid?

Kitty