Re: Plant question

In a message dated 01/23/2004 11:27:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kmrsy@comcast.net writes:

> How about Rhus aromatica Gro-Low'?  MOBOT says:
> Easily grown in average, dry to medium wet, well-drained soil in full sun to
> part shade. Tolerant of wide range of soils except those that are poorly
> drained.
> ....rambling shrub which spreads by root suckers and typically grows only to
> 1-2' tall but spreads to 8' wide.   Too short?  Ours are closer to the 2 ft
> height.
> http://snipurl.com/417y

Thanks, Kitty, but I'm looking for something more in the 4' to 6' range,
which is about what the Rhus copallina I've seen has been.  Also, spreading by
root suckers sounds like it might become a problem.
That's the one that looks like poison ivy, isn't it?  Perhaps I could plant
it along an area I want to keep people out of?