Nurserysman Conf

I attended a small portion of the Nurserysmans Conf on Thurs.  My husband had
knee surgery so only attended two sessions.  The opening and keynote speaker
was Roger Swain.  Sorry but he could not inspire me.
    Several of the vendors had a weeping pussywillow tree on display as a new
product.  It was labeled only as Salix pendula which did not seem to be a cpt
label to me.  I would think there are other Salix that would be labeled as
pendula.  I did not like the branching habit of this ornamental tree.  It seemed
to me a mature tree would be a pruners nightmare.  Maybe it would even as an
immature tree.
    Blue Bird Nursery displayed Scutellaria resinosa 'Smoky Hills' which is a
new Great Plains introduced plant.  Listed as a rounded form up to 12",
blooms from May-July and the blooms were bluish/purple with 2 sm white patches.
The bloom looked much like an Anglonia with a open face.  Also  another,
Scutellaria scoridifolia 'Mongolian Skies' which is the gd cover type and also a GP
plant.  Both hardy to Z4.
    Another new GP intro is Sedum tatarowinii 'Mongolian Stardust' which I
thought would be a delight trough plant. 5-8" tall x 12" wide, hardy to Z3 and
collected in Mongolia by Harlan, owner of BlueBird.
    Ceres