Re: Nurserysman Conf

In a message dated 01/24/2004 11:43:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Cersgarden@aol.com writes:

> <<I am surprised you don't have them Ceres.... they arrived here two years
> ago and drive me nuts! >>
>
> I trapped gypsy moths for the state the 2nd yr I was retired (93) and at
> that
> time we were also setting a small number of JB traps but results were rare.
>
> I picked up a JB trap from the state office about 3 yrs ago for my own
> garden
> and did get two.  Maybe they have a difficult time crossing the big M! (just
>
> kidding)
>   Ceres

I'm amazed that any of you don't have them.  We have fought Japanese Beetles
here since the 50s at least, although milky spore disease helped to get them
under control for a while - then it disappeared from the market. I'm sure I
remember a cartoon from the 60s or 70s showing space-suited persons discovering
them on the moon.
Auralie