Re: Plant question

In a message dated 01/26/2004 8:45:44 AM Eastern Standard Time,
wmorgan972@ameritech.net writes:

> Auralie, I don't know if anyone else has answered on this one as I'm just
> trying to play catch-up on an enforced "ice" day from work.  (The senior
> care center closed and left me little choice.)
> Sunlight Gardens ( www.sunlightgardens.com ) carries a "Rhus aromatica
> 'Gro-low'" in their 2004 catalog (pg 27) for zones 3-9 which is supposed to
> be a dwarf version of Rhus aromatica (fragrant sumac), and is a shrub
> rounded 6' shrub with the r.'grow-low' being used as a ground cover for a
> dry slope at 2-3 ft tall.   I don't know if that will fill the bill for you,
> but it sounded interesting anyway.

Thanks, Bonnie, I think the grow-low is smaller than I wanted.  No one seems
to offer the species.  Maybe I need to start looking in the woods for one, but
I thought that such an attractive shrub would have been commercially
developed in some way.  Auralie