Re: update on garden/bottle brush

I love A. parviflora. What I can't understand is why our local nurseries do not carry it. I have to mail order "sticks with roots", and have been waiting 4+ years for decent development.
Cathy
On Friday, January 23, 2004, at 04:21 PM, Kitty wrote:

Well, Jim, we make do with what we can grow in Zone 5. However, I recognize
your Bottlebrush from our locla botanical Conservatory.

Kitty

----- Original Message -----
From: "james singer" <jsinger@igc.org>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2004 4:38 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] update on garden/bottle brush

That's kind of a neat looking plant, too, Kitty. But nothing like the
Callistemon.

http://plantsdatabase.com/showpicture/28954/

On Friday, January 23, 2004, at 10:23 AM, Kitty wrote:

Bottle Brush is indeed Callistemon linearis. However, being a
northerner
myself, I'd never heard of it. To me a Bottlebrush is short form for a
Bottlebrush Buckeye, Aesculus parviflora, as seen at:
http://snipurl.com/40ou

Kitty