Re: Flower show report

I think it varies by culture!
On Saturday, January 24, 2004, at 10:55 PM, HarleyLady wrote:

At 05:51 PM 1/24/2004 -0500, Island Jim wrote:

----stuff snipped--

Anyway, I ended up sitting through three demonstration lectures on
Ikebana. At first, I thought I would likely pass out or nod off before we
got 2 minutes into the first one, but I was surprised to discover it was
actually very interesting. With its precision and rules and subdued
creativity, I'm sort of surprised that it's not a guy thing, actually.

I know a Japanese man who is a priest (not sure if that is the right word,
but he's a spiritual leader) and he is *very* much into Ikebana....he told
me many men are into it so maybe it varies by region....

Eugene, OR (zone 8)
San Felipe, MX  (zone 10)