Re: NE/Bamboo

I believe what he was referring to is the following -- saw it on a recent
Gardening By the Yard episode.

A 2 foot  or so deep narrow trench is dug around the area where the bamboo is
to be planted.  The liner is inserted in the narrow trench and the sides of
the liner are held up by pieces of rebar that are pounded into the trench at
certain intervals.  The liner is overlapped, where it meets, by a foot or more
and should be glued or taped together so that the rhizomes don't escape through
an opening.

You can see what I'm talking about on this webpage:

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/gl_plants_other/article/0,1785,HGTV_3609_1729259,00.h
tml

It looks like an awful lot of work.

Eva
Long Island, NY
Zone 6/7

"We don't do enough to exploit renewable energy resources."
Me

In a message dated 1/26/2004 4:01:50 AM Pacific Standard Time,