From: "Pamela J. Evans" <gardenqueen@gbronline.com>
Sent: Jan 24, 2004 3:49 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Cc: hodgesaa@islc.net, clrobey@aol.com
Subject: [CHAT] NWF habitat certification

Well my friends, it is now official. I have received my certificate from
the NWF for my backyard wildlife habitat. Im so pleased. It's not much
considering the accomplishments of most of you incredibly talented
folks, but I'm happy about it. Consider before I bought this place 8
years ago it was a drug house. Awful. Yard was full of broken glass, no
fence, no flower beds, no shrubs, concrete clay soil, etc. Pat says all
the windows were painted black and there was a non-functioning toilet on
the front porch. Lovely. Now, birds, butterflies and little gecko
lizards thrive. The gardens are improving every year (provided the
drought didn't set me back too far). Just wanted to share my news.

:-D

--
Pam Evans
Kemp TX/zone 8A