Re: habitat/ponds/plants

My koi eat the roots, though, so they don't last very long in our pond.
On Tuesday, January 27, 2004, at 02:04 PM, TeichFlora@aol.com wrote:

Even in private ponds, they have a tendency to get out of hand
quickly. All floaters make excellent compost though. Perhaps it is our longer
heat periods that it decomposes better. Being floaters, and natural filters,
the hyacinth and the lettuce roots absorb all the nutrients from the fish
poop, etc. and thus make an excellent addition to the bio filters AND the compost
Note: I didn't say that I had any.

zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast