RE: tree list

Marge,

What a great list!  I have a neighbor's house only twenty feet fro my
kitchen window.  All I see is never used side garage door and grey
siding.  Our properties are long and narrow, ending at the beach.  We
put very few windows on the kitchen side of the house.  I get some
morning sun through this window and I have an old choke cherry tree and
some red cedars growing between the houses.  I really would like to
"dress up" my view!  My house sits somewhat high off the ground due to
flooding regulations, so my window sill is about six feet up from the
ground already.  I was thinking of a tall section of fencing with
decorative art on it.  I'd rather have a planting box, but it would be a
pain to maintain and water.  Maybe it could be on a shelf partway up the
fence.  It wouldn't be at eye level, but would be nice.  I'd have to use
shade plants.  I don't use impatiens anywhere in my plantings, but this
might be a good spot!  Or begonias... Umm..  They are a bit more drought
tolerant.  Winter is a great time for dreaming!

Chris