Re: habitat/ponds/plants

Hi, Bonnie. Interesting to know you lived in Newfoundland. I've only been there once. In the early 90s I drove to Lance Au Meadows on a whim to see the Viking ship replicas make port. I recently had the film negatives digitized. I was quite taken with Snorri's birth place. Beautiful native iris. Awesome icebergs in the St. Lawrence [in June, yet].

On Wednesday, January 28, 2004, at 11:58 AM, Bonnie Holmes wrote:

How beautiful...reminds me of when I lived in Newfoundland...snow changes
the landscape completely...softens it.

Bonnie Zone 6+ ETN

[Original Message]
From: Donna <justme@prairieinet.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Date: 01/27/2004 7:01:47 PM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] habitat/ponds/plants

My pond is 10,000 gallons and five ft deep. DH got carried away with the
backhoe:( We have koi.

Since it is winter time, this was taken a few years ago...

http://illianagardenpond.org/winterpond.htm

Donna

So, Cathy, Donna & Noreen (and everyone on the list who has ponds),
how
large
are your ponds and do you keep koi? I was going to avoid them until I
get
the hang of the pond thing. But I also am concerned that my pond may
be a
little small for koi.

Eva
Long Island, NY
Zone 6/7

"We don't do enough to exploit renewable energy resources."
Me

In a message dated 1/27/2004 12:59:28 PM Pacific Standard Time,