From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of pdickson
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2004 7:54 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Garden for Alzheimer's Patients

Our Master Gardener group  helped to set up and maintain an Alzheimer's Unit
at a nursing home.  I remember one of the things they said was that they
wanted things that would be well rooted.  The patients tend to pull up the
plants.  Every fall we plant pansies for color through the winter and into
the spring. I don't personally work on it so I will have to ask questions
for any more information.
Patricia