Re: ponds

In a message dated 1/29/04 9:47:16 AM, TeichFlora@aol.com writes:

<< The law is that anything deeper than
18" is considered a swimmingpool and must be fenced, 18" and under is
considered a water feature.  >>

Noreen, this is the same rqmt as our area, thus, my pond is 18". Acreages are
rqd to fence here the same as smaller lots. I hadn't thought about the many
business/commerical ponds & fountains which are not fenced here either.  Many
of these water bodies are functional as well as add beauty.
    A nearby suburb has revamped their business area adding very attractive,
small fountains.  Someone keeps adding soap which creates a real problem.
    Ceres