Re: Re: habitat/ponds

> From: Donna  <justme@prairieinet.net>
>  Unfortunately, they attracted the heron and egret.... as you can
see
> them from way up! Koi can be like a cat- friendly and personable...
or
> ignore you, depending on their mood. They can eat out of your hand
and
> like to be rubbed.
----------

Seems like a fish that big would be way too big for heron and egret
to tackle???  I knew they'd come to your hand for feeding, but didn't
know they liked getting rubbed...how neat.  Once up on a time, I fed
huge groupers and other sea fish standing in water to my knees off a
beach in the Caribbean - came right up and took bread out of my hand,
but didn't want to be petted; one of the thrills of my life.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Spring Peepers